Tax Consultation

Filing Status:

  • Single
  • Married Filing Jointly
  • Married Filing Separately
  • Head of Household
  • Qualifying Window


  • A dependent must be  a qualifying child or a qualifying relative. You are allowed one exemption for each person you can claim as a dependent. Your dependents can significantly increase your returns.

Earned Income Credit:

  • EITC, the Earned Income Tax Credit, sometimes called EIC is a tax credit to help you keep more of what you earned. It is a refundable federal income tax credit for low to moderate income working individuals and families.    
  • claim the EIC, you (and your spouse, if filing a joint return) must have a valid SSN issued by the Social Security Administration (SSA) by the due date of your 2022 return (including extensions).

Taxable & non-taxable Income:

  • Not all of your income is taxable.
  • Many sources that you would expect to be non-taxable must in fact be reported and taxed.
  • Start Star Tax Profecionals can help you understand which. Ensuring your most accurate report and biggest refund.

Rental Income & Expenses:

  • Owners' rental property is often a good way to increase their gains, but it is subject to regular property taxation as well as taxes on rent paid to you or them. 



  • Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Social Security Card /ITIN/ATIN
  • Spouse's full name and social security number
  • Last year's tax Return
  • Amount of any alimony paid and ex-spouse social security number


  • W-2’s
  • Interest 1099-INT or substitute
  • 1099-DIV or substitute
  • Nonemployee Compensation: 1099-NEC
  • Estimated taxes paid
  • Self-Employment Income and Expenses
  • Stock Sales 1099-B or Broker Statement
  • Sale of a Personal Residence
  • Miscellaneous Income 1099-MISC
  • Rental Income and Expenses
  • Gambling or Lottery Winnings W-2G
  • State Income Tax Refund 1099-G
  • Pension Income 1099-R
  • Social Security or Railroad Retirement SSA-1099 or RRB-1099
  • IRA or 401-k Distribution 1099-R
  • Unemployment Compensation 1099-G


  • Medical Expenses
  • Real Estate or Personal Property Taxes
  • Educator Expenses
  • Mortgage Interests
  • Student Loan Interest
  • Charitable Contributions
  • Employee Business Expenses
  • Gambling Losses
  • Traditional IRA Contributions
  • Higher Education Expenses


  • Child Care Provider - Address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
  • Child Adoption Expenses
  • Retirement Savings Contributions

                EDUCATION PAYMENTS:

  •  Forms 1098-T and 1098-E

            RENTAL INCOME:

  • Records of Income and Expenses

  • Rental asset information (date placed in service, cost, etc) for depreciation


Start Star Income Tax - Call Now


Ph. 214-994-9490 / 972-219-5258